Library Instruction and Information Literacy:
- Professional librarians provide faculty and students across the curriculum with instruction in information literacy (IL) skills and using library resources, including the library catalog, databases, and print and electronic collections.
- Library instruction sessions are designed and scheduled to meet the particular needs of your students.
- For more information, please visit our Library Instruction page at http://libguides.mhcc.edu/libraryinstruction
- Our Library Instruction program is designed to be assignment-specific, as instruction is most meaningful to the students when done in connection with a specific course-related activity.
- MHCC does not offer stand-alone, for-credit library courses; all librarian-led information literacy instruction occurs during the regular class meeting times of subject-specific courses.
- Instructors must be present during library instruction sessions, or provide a substitute.
- We require advance notice of at least 10 calendar days in order to adequately schedule and prepare for your class.
We require all faculty requestors to complete the online request form. Why? For statistical purposes and to best prepare our collaboration with faculty.
Please contact Library.Instruction@mhcc.edu
for more information about the MHCC Library Instruction program.